Karen and I had 6 volunteers today who accomplished a lot:
- John Leland was on the Habitat Board when the Patterson ReStore site was found. He and his son John worked on the Closet – access panel to behind the Pink Panther Blue Board and also above the stairs on the other side. They did a great job, and I asked them to come back when we drywall – 3rd week of July??
- A father daughter team painted the inside of the furnace room, then worked installing cardboard baffles upstairs. There is some baffle corner work to do on the W. Pease side of upstairs, then all will need Tyvek tape to the Pink Panther blue board to seal that space.
- Two Volunteers installed a knee wall under the stairs for a cutoff for the drywall.
- Then the two worked on soffit around the porch overhang and the porch gable. This would be a good place to start Tuesday Bob and welcome back Tom Bishop.
- I picked up concrete splatters from the pour to get ready for the grading next week. A question for Bill Thompson is about the peace gravel in front. Does that have to be stored some place for the sidewalks?
- Tim drilled and bolted the column bases on two of the columns. He needed another tool to finish the job.
- We called Jerry Shell at lunch and got an update on him. He has some testing next week and misses the site. He said the prints have a 4’ deck off the back to that will put the post over outlet. He asked if the deck could be made a little longer to avoid the conflict with the outlet.
- Tiffany and Jeremy stopped at quitting time, their daughter has spent a few days and nights in Dayton Children’s Hospital and they leave Tuesday late afternoon for Nationwide Hospital in Columbus for a long stay at the Ronald McDonald house. She hadn’t seen the house in a while and was impressed at the progress.
Thanks to all – give Jerry Shell a call to cheer him up. (937) 902-5214.
Deacon Roger Duffy