We had a small crew today. Steve, Hank and myself along with a short visit from Roger and support from Tim, Keith and Bill.
We accomplished the following:
1) We lowered the forms for the side walk from the rear pad to the parking pad. This will give us a more level lot and require less fill. We will need to remove much of the gravel that were there in the walk area.
2) Keith brought the bobcat and smoothed the gravel in the parking pad area.
3) Steve, Hank and I set the counter tops in the kitchen and upstairs bathroom.
4) Bill Berner brought and installed the linen closet insert with our assistance. Doors and frame will be delivered later.
4) Appliances were delivered today.
5) Detmer was onsite and set the outside A/C unit and installed the inside unit and much of the duct work. They will return Thursday to complete the work.
Bill informed us that Habitat has contracted the concrete work. The current plan is to pour on Thursday. This means we need to move the excess gravel from the rear walk to the parking pad area and also the front walk. This is the priority for tomorrow. we will also need to finish the forming for the parking pad.
Other work for the next few days:
1) Prepare the lot for sod. Laying of the sod is scheduled for next Tuesday. Please put that day on your calendar for helping. Recruit others to help in this task.
2) Roger bought the exhaust hood for over the range, so that needs to be hung so we can put the range in place.
3) We also need to move the refrigerator into place.
4) We need to cut, install and paint the door trim in the upstairs bathroom.
5) We need to fabricate a wheel chair accessible support for the downstairs bathroom sink.
6) We need to install trim around the inside of the furnace room door
7) We need to caulk around the countertops
8) The beds need to be prepared, the landscaping material needs to be picked up and the plants planted and mulched.
This is just a short list of the many things still to be done for the Sept 21 dedication.
We need everyones help . The house is looking great and we just need to finish the last phase.